Wednesday 26 October 2011

Maiocchi anyone?




I’ve worked with Maiocchi (http://www.maiocchi.com.au/) as their house model for several years and this season I’m particularly excited about their Spring 2011 Collection. The color palette features the traditional black and red, but it also includes a lot of blue, white and floral prints. The style is very 1960’s and is inspired by the designer’s all time favorite movie  ‘Gidget Goes to Hawaii’. Here are a couple of my favourites...











The lady behind the superb designs is the wonderfully talented Deanne Mayocchi. Being a fashion designer and style queen, I felt it was fitting that Deanne was the first to be interviewed for my blog…and luckily she agreed to spend a couple of minutes sharing her thoughts…



What is it in your life that inspires you? Travel, I recently travelled to Japan and this became the inspiration for my Winter 2012 collection.
What is your definition of beauty? A person who is beautiful on the inside as well as the outside and who has great style.
If you could spend a day with 1 person, living or dead, who would it be and why? Coco Chanel, my friend gave me a book about her for my birthday and I recently watched a movie about her life…an amazing woman for her time.
Tell me something about you that not many people know? Sometimes I go into work at 3am in my pajamas and turn up the music and get inspired for designing my next collection.
What one piece of advice would you give someone wanting to start a career in fashion? Be prepared for some hard work...it’s not all fashion parades and free champagne you know!
What is the best perk in being a designer? The fashion parades and free champagne...seeing my collection on the runway is the good bit at the end of a lot of hard work.
What would you do if you won a million dollars? Travel!!!
What is your favorite makeup product and why? YSL touché Eclat foundation – it is the ‘must have’ makeup accessory for the handbag.
Cats or dogs? Dogs!

No comments:

Post a Comment